Friday, December 22, 2006



Holiday Cat Memorium

I can't help it my darlings but I always see the little things around Christmas. These little things cannot come from anywhere but the human heart. It is these little things that not only last but grow very big inside my soul. For me it is the things that people say that touch me so much during the holiday season.

Today, I was in such a rush meeting appointments and other obligations, none of which included any shopping, that I felt that I was going to hyperventilate. I was also starving to death. In my mad rush, a dear eighty-eight year old lady yelled for me and said she had something for me. I turned and said I was so rushed that I had to hurry and leave. She seemed pretty persistant and sad to say I felt annoyed. I walked up to her and asked her what she needed. Virginia said "I know how much you love cats so I want you to have this. It belonged to my daughter that passed away in 1998". She put something in my hand. I looked into my hand and there was this beautiful gold plated pewter pin with a cat, candy cane and mouse. I was speechless! I told Virginia that I felt so honored to have her daughter's cat pin. I felt bad that I had to rush off to a medical appointment but I managed to thank her. I plan to set time aside tomorrow to meet Virginia just to spend time with her. I am still looking at this pin and have decided to wear it at services Sunday. As a tribute to Virginia and her daughter, this little cat pin will be worn on Christmas by me. I also have a special cat box in which to put this pin. Out of love, she thought of me and something I love very much. It is this spirit that means more to me than what could come out of a mad rush at the mall.

Three more days 'til Christmas! God bless you Virginia.

Unitl the next dive bomb my darlings-meow.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home