Tuesday, October 09, 2007



Electric Blue, Very Blue


Here is my favorite flower, the blue Bachelor Button. I have loved this under-rated flower since childhood. I recall as youngsters, my brothers and I use to get these little flower packets out of Butternut bread consisting of Bachelor Button seeds. I planted every packet I could get my hands on. I guess the beauty of this little annual takes me back. One of the easiest little annuals to grow, I'm just sad I do not often see it anywhere else.

The peacock is my friend at the Cincinnati zoo. He is one of few animals allowed to roam the premises. He enjoys following people around. It seems after he gets his picture taken he moves on to the next photographer. Very aesthetic indeed. He won my heart. He is my one and only favorite flasher.

I've been sitting here going through my photo archives and these blue colors stand out as the best color I have ever photographed even though red is my favorite color. Believe me, if there was such thing as a red Bachelor Button, it would definatly be my favorite flower. Peacocks are so beautiful they do not need red. Wow!

Ok. So maybe your eyes do not see things as mine do. Maybe I'll analyze another color later...

I am still swamped with much to do here at home but could not resist sharing this beauty.

More to come...

Until the next dive bomb, my darlings-meow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home