Monday, October 22, 2007


Grand Parade Of Me

Our society abounds with that train of thought, "it's all about me, _______ you, I've got mine" and not always at the billboard level. In addition to this, people who think this way also think those around them are obligated to help them. This theme was rampant around here since Friday as I stayed home to guard my little stray kitties. Here are just a few examples.

Friday, our building maid was fired for borrowing money from residents and not paying up. The mere fact that she violated policy by taking advantage of residents got her fired. She became angry at these residents and ran down a list of her grossly exaggerated health issues, things she is doing without and all the bills she owes. But the fifty something man she is shacked up with that refuses to work and refuses to take care of her is not at fault. Duh! Her life is not the responsibility of someone else. She needs to get rid of the "parked car". Waaaaaaaaa!

A U.S veteran residing here was asking women residents, not male residents, to take him to the V.A. today. This man is provided with VA transportation at his request. All he has to do is make a simple phone call. I personally witnessed his driver provide a business card to the veteran and specifically stated anytime the veteran needed a ride to make a phone call. However, the veteran claimed transportation was not available. Actually, he often complains about drivers authorized to help him. His grown children often help him as well. For this man, there is a non-existing gifted horse.

Moreover, there are some residents here that feel the entire building is all about them believing apartments should not be rented to men or women younger then them. Excuse me, this discriminating mentality went out the door in the 1960's. Come up to time.

Finally, during football season, I always my "Please do not disturb" sign on my door. I'm guarded a about about my football games. Reality dictates that "please do not disturb" means just what it means. I make exceptions if someone has a pet emergency, the building is on fire, a tornado has touched down, you know, act of God things. There is just that one person out there that chooses to ignore a simple friendly little request. Even worse, the visitor that ignored my privacy last night talks at 1600 psi and upsets Moo and Teddy Bear. I never as much as completed one sentence that I had to ask the visitor to leave.

Please do not think of me as a grinch. I'm all for helping people IN NEED not in greed. Lord knows how I was raised to help a neighbor, family member, friend, fellow man all of whom are going to hit a rough spot at some point in their lives. It is normal to help needy people. I'm sympathetic to help one who has a legitimate need and will help with what resources I have at my disposal. However, if I'm being sucked by a sucker, my resources would be depleted to help one who really has needs. Unfortunately, our society thrives daily thinking that everyone else is bound to help no matter how much dishonesty prevails. Social leeching like this is why I work harder in animal rescues.Animals only ask for love and food and risk their lives in daily pursuit of the two. There is just something unconditional about the animal kingdom. Sadly,our society has become sinister.

If there is something that you are unable to understand about my little sign, by all means, contact me.

Until the next dive-bomb my darlins, MEOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home