Saturday, October 20, 2007

What A Cat Week!

Indeed it has been a busy cat week for me and my darlins. I think the long awaited thunderstorms literally rained cats around my apartment building. My attempts to rescue all of them have taken some time from my schedule and playtime from Moo and Teddy Bear. Most of all, my heart strings have been stretched a bit for the lives of these sweet kitties.

Of course Baby Doll was Monday's success story. She has paid her visit to her vet. Though testing positive for FIV, she is in a loving home. However, I have three more little kitties around the building that took her place. There is another little black queen, an orange and white queen and a big ol gray and white tom with a case of "stud tail" vying for the girls attention. The little black kitty shows signs of pregnancy. Because of her pregnancy and the fact that she is black puts her at greater risk for her life.

My efforts to place them in a no-kill facility have been unsuccessful as they are filled to capacity. P.A.W.S. here in Middletown seemed to be on another planet. The staff lack passion and acted as if they are just there to put in their time. Definitely not friendly people. Their attitude may be why adoptions are down. They are actually going to hire a PR person. P.A.W.S definitely needs help with people and animal skills.

In the meantime, all I can do is continue trying to place these little darlins in loving homes. Sad to say, loving homes are becoming extinct or people would be kinder and these animals would not be left to fiend for themselves. The little black kitty stays around the building more as she craves attention from residents who walk past her. The other two darlins leave at daybreak. All in all, there have been some of us who have been placing food and water outside for all of these kitties. They seek shelter on the patio landing after dark. I'm discouraged at the moment and lose sleep worrying about their safety. However, I have to realize that not every rescue attempt will be met with success.

Until the next dive-bomb my darlins, MEOW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home