Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Baby Doll Tests Positive

I just received an email from the organization that took in Baby Doll yesterday. She tested positive for FIV. I'm so sad for her. She is such a lovable, sweet little kitty. The fact that she was so well socialized leads me to believe that someone obviously loved her. I wonder if her previous owners knew she was FIV positive. Along with the fact that she is jet black and it is October, she would have been subjected to horrible treatment. Still yet, she was part of the family of tenants next door that were evicted. According to newsletters from veterinarian schools that I receive each month the boosters that cats receive will cause a cat to test positive for FIV so you better hope that your cat does not stray and find itself in a shelter or it will be euthanized.

As for Baby Doll, she can not be placed for adoption. Because her life will be very short, she will be placed in a old Victorion home down in Cincinnati to finish up what life she will have left. Volunteers spend time with cats like her loving and caring for them. I would rather Baby Doll spend the remainder of her life this way as opposed to being subjected to human violence.

I am sad...

Until the next dive-bomb Baby Doll and all of my darlins-MEOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home