Sunday, October 21, 2007


The Vigil Goes On

Darlins, at this time there is nothing like a good cup of coffee and knowing that my new feline residents are safe. I have now named the little black kitty, "Pebbles" and the orange and white kitty, "Butterscotch". I'm amazed at some of the support of some of the residents who have been kind enough to keep an eye out on these precious little darlins. People have pitched in to give them a little food and to love on them. Moo and Teddy Bear are helping with the watch. Some residents have taken it on their own to call me up to let me know where Pebbles and Butterscotch are located around the building. I think Pebbles and Butterscotch feel a bit safer because of the support. They have set up camp on the front landing after dark. At least they are out of the elements and hopefully out of harm's way. In the meantime, my efforts to find them room at a no-kill facility are still nil. There is no space anywhere as the shelters are crammed with unwanted or abused animals.

A friend who has helped me place rescues called me yesterday to check on Pebbles and Butterscotch. She had attended a fund raiser for her cat organization. She gave me sad statistic. Cincinnati is now ranked #5 in the United States as the worst and busiest place to dump cats. This sad statistic goes just perfect with Ohio's animal cruelty law that is considered the worst in the nation. No wonder I can not find any safe openings for Pebbles and Butterscotch.


Nonetheless, we will continue the vigil for Pebbles and Butterscotch despite the odds.

Until the next dive-bomb my darlins, MEOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home