Wednesday, October 10, 2007





Been Thinkin' Orange

After Electric Blue, I got to thinking about the color orange. It is the least of my favorite colors. After looking through my apartment, I was amazed to discover this unpopular color on things I love and use. Yet it remains an unpopular color for me. I further realized that I'm guilty of taking advantage of this hot color.

If we stop and think about this color, it does not seem to be popular in clothing design, team sports (Sorry Cincinnati, Cleveland and U Tenn but I love you guys) nor home decor. Around here, I'm accustomed to seeing this color used in construction sites or by a county jail chain gang-a road use color. Also, orange is the color of one of my least favorite candies-candy corn! Then let us consider the color orange as a source of heat whether it be the sun (for those who do not think of the sun as yellow) or a simple fireplace-we are guilty of these oversights.

As I began the search for orange in my home, I was amazed at what I found. First and most importantly, there is my beloved red Tabby, Teddy Bear. Mama's boy never goes unnoticed. Yes, Yes, I know; red tabby cats are orange. Then I found orange on things that I use from the florescent orange container for Tide, Halloween decor, even my photography.

Now that it is October, I, like most people enjoy the color orange. I love to see orange come to life during harvest as the cycle of planting ends and harvest begins. I have to admit, though it is finally getting cold, the presence of orange with a good nippy frost and a good cup of coffee tends to keep my surroundings warm.

Aesthetically speaking, and from now on, I'll have to look around before I say to myself I'm not much on the color orange.

Until the next dive-bomb my darlings...MEOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home