Sunday, February 04, 2007




Long Johns, Robbery and Confedrate Flags

Well, tonight's Superbowl was the first Superbowl I actually enjoyed since I became a football fan one hundred years ago. The fact that both coaches were black does not interest me in the least. The fact that both of these coaches were not ashamed nor censored by their profession of Christian faith, impressed me very much. Both of these teams were in Superbowl because they worked very hard as contending teams. It was finally a relief to see two very talented teams in which they were not over-rated like teams in past Superbowls. It was evident that team work stood out more than personalities. I am a big fan of the Colts because I like Tony Dungy and Payton Manning. I really admire Dungy's demeanor on the sidelines. This was noted by sportscasters when it was pointed out that Dungy does not use fowl language on the sidelines. The Colts are a classy team and rightfully won the Superbowl. Go Colts!

This morning, I glanced through the Middletown Journal. Some disgruntled old soul decided to lash out at Southerners who own Confederate flags. My first thought was this person posted these comments (harsh at that) anonymously. From whom is the writer hiding? Be bold and reveal yourself. I only hope that I run into this bigot and the bigot sees my Confederate tattoo. Then I'll see just how bold of a bigot the miserable soul demonstrated in today's paper. My second thought was that with all of the very one sided racial tensions in this city, obviously, the bigoted soul is narrow in thinking that the plight of the black community is due to Southern white folks. This anonymous writer took a very narrow point of view when we were blamed for tensions in this city. The writer fails to understand that Butler County was practically built by people of southeastern Kentucky. Why all of a sudden are we to blame for the writer's misery? Frankly, I am sick of black issues being crammed down my throat and the Middletown Journal is a haven for black writers constantly criticizing if not insulting white Amercians. Therefore, I will be cancelling my subscription to this paper. There is not a prejudice bone in my body as there are different races in my family. Prejudice exists among the human race not just among one ethnic group. I just get sick and tired of the same whiners shoving their unhappiness down my throat. My last thought is why did the Middletown Journal print such a prejudiced statment? If I, as a white woman, would have lashed out at a non-white, trust me, it would never have been printed. On the other hand, what more could one expect from a paper that does not exceed an eigth grade reading level?

Next, with the frigid temperatures, my search for long johns is in vain. I can not find womens long johns anywhere and it is too cold for me to get out there to keep looking. It is not the fact that department stores are sold out, rather they just don't carry long johns any longer. What's more, I stopped in the nearbly CVS Pharmacy only to be interupted by a shoplifter. One moment I had the manager in front of me answering some questions I had. Then he stepped away for a moment. Next, he came back, looked me in the eyes and stated "Mam, I have a problem. I will get back to you". Then Middletown police officers came barreling through the door. I was later told that they apprehended a man for shoplifting a CD player. A sales clerk gave me a candy bar for the inconveience. This was nice of her.

Though my weekend shopping turned up no long johns, I did find this kitty cube. I think Moo loves it more than Teddy Bear as she has spent more time playing in it. She likes to get inside and have me to toss her toy mice in there. Teddy Bear is just content with plopping down on this computer.

Until the next dive bomb my darlings, meow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home