Monday, October 29, 2007

Cat Capital

A friend of mine recently attended a fund raiser for the cat organization in which she volunteers. From that evening, she reported that Cincinnati, Ohio ranks as the worst city for stray cats and the fifth worst city in the United States for torturing/killing cats. Living approximately twenty-three miles from Cincinnati, I'm embarrassed by this statistic. This statistic shed some light on the fact that after eight days, I have been unsuccessful in finding placement for the two little kitties abandoned where I live. When there are strays, there persists human negligence.

I have called fourteen no-kill shelters. Only six of these returned my calls, one admitting that when she got my message, she dreaded my call. I think her statement reflects why the other eight organizations did not return my calls. The six organizations that did return my calls did inform me that they absolutely had no room for two darling little kitties. It is a sad day when it becomes impossible to place two innocent unwanted kitties in a no-kill facility because the walls are bursting at the seams with unwanted or abused cats. Making matters worse is the fact that while people continue to refuse spay and neuter their pets, they dump their pets on shelters that are severely strapped for funds.

I always say that if one wants to see what our society has become, just visit your local animal shelter. Animal shelters are a true measuring stick of our true character. An example of this is when I recently stated that I truly believe God does place a needy animal in our paths to test our true character. Two ladies on their way to church who have grown resentful of my efforts to save the little kitties did not like what I said (not that I really cared). I then stated that one can go to church until the doors fall off the hinges. How one treats animals still reveals the truth about that soul. As a matter of fact, I rarely meet any church goer involved in any capacity to help any needy animal. I would like to see this statistic change for the better. Please don't get me wrong. I'm not here to bash any faith based organization nor am I out to get people of any particular faith. Many of my friends are lovely Christian people who have inspired me in more ways than one. I would like to see more rescue efforts from this sector of our community but I do not wish to hear what great pious things this sector does (but I am watching you) when apathy for the animal kingdom is under their feet. What happen to Noah's ark and all of those animals that were rescued for mankind's sake? God was very specific about how He wanted this task completed. Did not Adam have the divine privilege in naming all animal kingdom? The Christian sector of our community has a divine privilege to help change Cincinnati's poor image for animal neglect and cruelty. I have yet to get one of God's people to become part of the solution.

I had some residents locate me because a gentleman expressed interest in one of the kitties. When I discovered his identity, I became suspicious of this man when he changed his mind about this kitty claiming he wanted a kitten instead. He told me this six months ago. Local shelters are filled with adoptable kittens and this man has not found a kitten yet? I'm very suspicious of this man's motives and asked residents to be careful around this man.

I will continue my efforts. For now, I ask that you look at a web page, foreclosurecats.org. I was introduced to this web page by a lady whose organization could not accept the kitties. You will see a sad cat situation that occurred in Cincinnati earlier this year in which she was involved. This event should have never happened but it did happen. This scenario is why we must choose to be responsible human beings. This web page will pull your heart strings while offer solutions.

Until the next dive-bomb my darlins, MEOW!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home