Thursday, October 25, 2007


The Dean of All Men

Dr. James W. Thomson, or "Jimbob" as I like to call him, was recently honored at the Black Walnut Festival. As my doctor, I've known him for roughly thirty years. More down to earth and at times unethical in speaking to his patients, I suppose I get along with him-he picks on me and I pick on him. As a patient, I've had fun with Jimbob over the years. I stole all of his Halloween candy one year and made him mad. He and I sat in a waiting room taking turns with my cane smashing pee cups. He sent me a birthday card with a cat on it this year but I can't repeat what he wrote on it. Let's just say it had to do with the fact he has the distinction to see my anatomy.

Jimbob has a history of going all out for his patients. He helped me get Teddy Bear two years ago. Most of all, Dr. Thomson was good to my Dad right down until Dad passed away years ago. He respected Dad enough that he came to pay his respects at Dad's funeral.

The good news is that though Jimbob can now retire he announced that he does not intend to do so. I think he feeds off of everyone in the community. If truth be told I think he enjoys the people more than the medical profession.

Jimbob, thanks for all that you have done over the years and here is to many more years to come.

Until the nest dive-bomb my darlins, MEOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home