Wednesday, October 31, 2007


Halloween Hasbeens

Darlins, every since I can remember, Halloween was a reminder of harvest for this old farm girl. Of course, as a child my brothers and I were permitted to participate in tricking or treating provided our parents could find a nearby small town. I can still recall how my oldest brother, as laid back as he is, would try to master mind some pretty cool mischief. These were the days that Halloween was innocent and we used pillow cases or big brown grocery bags to hold tons of candy. Poor Mother had to drag around a bunch of little kids that came home on a school night froze to death but loaded with candy. Though each of us had much candy, we would try to steal candy from each other. We ate so much candy we were ready to climb the walls and jump off the roof. Nonetheless, this innocence and fun is long gone as my brothers and I live to see grandkids. Sure, there still prevails the super religious and satanic types that have their Halloween input. I have no problem ignoring them. I still try to enjoy Halloween. This year I am concerned about two certain groups who have now entered the Halloween havoc--sex offenders and the Chinese.

Imagine my shock that over in Warren county, a psychologist threw a Halloween party for sex offenders. I'm not going to dignify this any further except to wonder what kind of psychotic Thanksgiving and Christmas these vicious people will be handed in the coming months. I think parents should be outraged at this mockery.

The Chinese have entered the Halloween picture with maximum poison. Just about all of the Halloween decor I bought this year has been recalled do lead poisoning from Chinese manufacturers. In all honesty, I'm not angry at the Chinese for this deadly mess. I intend to lay blame on the shoulders of whom it belongs-American big business. American big business has gone to China with our government's blessing while we are being poisoned here at home. American big business is ignoring the fact that while they are after big profits in a country that has little manufacturing safety regulations, I, along with millions of others are being affected by Chinese-American crap. This summer has been the worst I've ever seen for recalling Chinese made products from toothpaste, pet food and now Halloween products. It is a sad and dangerous day when I seriously have to guard my pets and major celebrations from the Chinese. What will happen next? Will I eat a lead-based Thanksgiving turkey next month? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas may be inclined to relinquish Christmas for fear of high levels of lead based toxins.

A long lost phrase that all of us used to hear is heard no more: "Made In America". Sad to see that American celebrations and traditions are in the hands of other countries.

Until the next dive-bomb my darlins-MEOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home