Saturday, November 03, 2007




I Want My Mom Back

Now into my third week of the cat vigil, I think Moo and Teddy Bear want their mom back. They have been gracious to share their food and cat-mom time with our feline abandoned visitors. I'm delighted to say that I found homes for both girl kitties. A young couple agreed to take both as soon as they get into their new home. In the mean time, the couple asked for a few more days before they come and get the little darlins. It seems as soon as I find placement for these sweet little strays, another kitty makes it's way here. There is now a skiddish, HUGE but sweet tom here now. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm a magnet for cats. Nonetheless, excitement continues around me. It is excitement that I would like to avoid.

On Halloween night, a resident decided to not pay attention when preparing dinner, thus allowing it to burn. This is the fifth time within this building since July that this has happened by various residents. It is getting old with the fire department as well as other residents. The frustration comes when this common problem is avoidable. Anger comes in after the smoke has cleared and the resident laughs the hazard away.

Various people expressed interest in the little stray darlins. I had previously mentioned a man who wanted the orange and white tabby only to change his mind under the claim that he wanted a kitten instead. He fed me that line six months ago while the shelters are still crammed full of kittens. A lady wanted to give up her cat whose dental health has been ignored to the point that her cat is in agony as well as losing his teeth. Rather than take care of her current kitty, the lady wanted to give him up and take the little black stray in his place. I just don't have the time and inclination for people to see how naive they think I may be. I have plenty to do and I tend to get cranky with irresponsible pet people.

To increase my schedule, I received notice of another cruelty case involving a chained dog. Like all the other cruelty cases, I will sit in court only to observe a judge slap the abuser on the wrist. I'm still not giving up on trying to get current Ohio animal cruelty laws changed from a little misdemeanor to a felony. I'm also stepping up to pet owners to do better with their pets. More often, many pet owners, but not all, are getting just as bad as animal abusers.

Hopefully, I can get time to watch college football today and spend time with my own darlins.

Until the next dive-bomb my darlins, MEOW!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home